Scott and Bridget met in 1993 and were married in 2001. In September of 2003 we welcomed our first miracle, James. 16 months later we brought home our second miracle, Annie. And in October of 2006 our family was complete with miracle #3, Gracie. Rett syndrome entered our lives when Annie was diagnosed on May 19, 2006. This is the life of the MacDonald family as we juggle 3 small children and battle Rett Syndrome until Gods perfect time when we are cured.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still down

Soooo this is what it looks like in our house these days. Only not only with Annie but Gracie as well. This persistant bug started with James about 3 weeks ago. He had some congestion and maybe ran a low grade fever for 1 night that we left untreated - he's been doing splendid. Gracie was next to get "it" about 2 weeks and a few days ago, she was congested and ran a low grade fever for a couple days that we treated with tylenol once or twice. Sweet Annie was the last to get "it" about a week ago, ran a pretty substantial fever for 5 days treated with tylenol and motrin and cold compresses, congestion that spread to her lungs and had to be started on an antibiotic and has now been out of school for the entire week. What a difference there is in my children and their immune systems! This little bug has also struck for a second time in Gracie (I think more the lingering congestion than an actual second virus) in the form of a double ear infection. Ugggg so this "anti- antibiotic" mom has her 2 girls on antibiotics praying relief is in sight. Mom and dad have had limited sleep these past 3 weeks and apparently it's starting to catch up with us. Pictured is my fearless husband whom I've complained about in the past for not hearing our children when they call in the middle of the night. Can't complain anymore, this man has been running on fumes and last night got approximately 45 minutes of interrupted sleep and still managed to make it for a full day's work. My (sleepy) hero!!

At this point we hope we are on the mend. Next up is a follow up chest check for Annie (to make sure the lungs are clearning). If this is well then we gear up for her EGD which has been rescheduled for Monday at 3pm to hopefully get to the bottom of the GI issues and pain. Then early March is our recheck EKG with the cardiologist to recheck the long QT wqve and a dentist apt. to see about the increased teeth grinding. Then on to the neuro for a possible 24 hour EEG because of suspicious looks we've been routinely seeing when Annie is awakened from her naps. Never a dull moment.

Please keep these little cuties in your prayers that they recover quickly and that Annie's next month comes with answers and brighter days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man ....i hope everyone is feeling better and sleeping more real soon!!!