Scott and Bridget met in 1993 and were married in 2001. In September of 2003 we welcomed our first miracle, James. 16 months later we brought home our second miracle, Annie. And in October of 2006 our family was complete with miracle #3, Gracie. Rett syndrome entered our lives when Annie was diagnosed on May 19, 2006. This is the life of the MacDonald family as we juggle 3 small children and battle Rett Syndrome until Gods perfect time when we are cured.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Activities With the Kids!

So the weather is finally cooperating and school is coming to an end (YAY!!!). I just LOVE having my kiddo's home for the summer. Of course we have the bickering and crabbyness that all families deal with but it doesn't even compare with the fun we have! I can't wait for summer vacation! Last day of school is June 17!
Little Gracie just LOVES being outside, in a bathing suit, loving the water!
Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Jen just bought a new house and invited us over for a little get together last week. Their new house has a pool! Lets just say we're going to be a hard group to get rid of this summer!! Oh, and the picture is Uncle Jeremy feeding Sammy (the salamander he and James found) a couple of crickets. Look at Annie's face - I felt the same way girl!
James had an open house where he was able to show off some of the art projects he's worked on all year long. This is by far my favorite!! In case you can't read it..
I Used to : be one year old
Now I : am a great reader
One day I will: be President of the United States of America
Love it! I told him to run in 2012!! He's working on his campaign! :)
This is me and my Jamesy at the Mother's Day Celebration! He made me a placemat and a paper purse that opens and has a poem in it.
James also graduated from AWANA - Wednesday night bible school at our church. He did great, memorized all of the scriptures in his book, read through his book twice and got all of his jewels to his badge! And of course Gracie is in typical Gracie fashion!
Annie went on her very first field trip this week. Since preschool is only Monday through Thursday Annie's field trips are always on Fridays. The problem is for 2 years anytime there was a field trip we were not able to go because Fridays are when we schedule our doctor apts. but we finally made it to one and I have to say I'm pretty sure we picked the best one! We went to Bower's Farm to see all of the animals. Annie just LOVED it! All smiles and giggles and we parked her chair so she walked all over the farm! I think the animals were pretty motivating!

They had saddles on logs so the kids could pretend they were riding a horse.

The sheep! Just look at that smile!
Can't wait for summer! Things are coming to end and new activities will start, including LOTS of swimming, bike riding, dancing, science, horse back riding, cruises and a surprise happening in the back yard! More on that later!

1 comment:

  1. She looks great! SO glad that she made the field trip and wasn't at the doctor. Now I just have to figure out how to teleport Claire and I there so that we can enjoy a little piece of summer with you.

    ReplyDelete