- Girls with Rett Syndrome are born healthy and normal, they regress between 9 months - 2 years.
- Another little girl is born with rett syndrome every 90 minutes
- Rett Syndrome is as prevalent as cystic fibrosis, huntingtons disease, and ALS
- Rett syndrome was reversed in a mouse model in Feb. 2007
- Without private funding a cure for Rett Syndrome remains decades away, the Science is there, the funding is not
Want to help?
-email me to help with a fundraiser already in the works
- have kids in school? Ask me about dress up to cure!
-do you or someone you know own a business? Ask me for a collection jar for donations.
- do you make or sell a product? Consider giving part of your proceeds to rett syndrome
- have girls in brownies or girl scouts? Ask me how to get the troup involved
- Have your own idea? Lets talk!!
- don't have time but want to help - consider donating in honor of Annie
- don't have the time or the money? How about telling someone about rett syndrome - help spread the word.
With your help Rett Syndrome will be the first curable neurological disorder! You can be part of this miracle!
I know its been a long time since I last updated the blog so I just want to post a few pics of Annie in her new therapy things. This on is her Benik vest - it helps strengthen her core muscles so she is in better alignment when she's up on her feet.These are Annies new hand braces that help keep her thumb in proper alignment away from her fingers so she is better able to use her hands. We think she looks like she's taking wii bowling a bit too seriously!! ;)