Thursday, October 29, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Thanks Christy! We Love You!!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The "Cool to Care" tree
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Today was the Brooksie Way Half Marathon! What an awesome run! The weather was great, no rain and comfortable high 50's/low 60's. The race started at about 8:15. Scott and I ran together for about the first 4 miles or so which was nice, we got to chat, catch up, joke around - we don't typically run together (someone has to watch the kids) so we're not used to that but it was really great to spend that time together. At about mile 4 1/2 Scotty picked up the pace and went on ahead. That's when I decided to turn on Pandora and for the next 8 and a half miles or so I rocked the Christian music and prayed for a cure. I prayed for all of our angels, especially our critical ones right now and those with seizures that can't be controlled, that their suffering would be eased. I prayed for our researchers and rett specialists, that God would direct their thoughts and actions. I prayed for our parents that wake every morning and put on their boxing gloves ready to fight Rett once again. I prayed for all of the rett organizations and those on the front line raising awareness and funds for our angels. I prayed for October and that all of the fundraisers this month would be wildly successful. And lastly I thanked God for his mercy and that in His perfect time our girls will be healed. "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds" said the Lord. Jeremiah 30:17
I know one day soon my Annie will be runnning along side me - actually, she'll probably blow right past me! After battling Rett anything else is cake.
A huge thank you to everyone who donated to the run. We raised $370 for Rett Research!
Oh yah, stats: Scotty: 1 hour 58 minutes Bridget: 2 hours 2 minutes
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
- Girls with Rett Syndrome are born healthy and normal, they regress between 9 months - 2 years.
- Another little girl is born with rett syndrome every 90 minutes
- Rett Syndrome is as prevalent as cystic fibrosis, huntingtons disease, and ALS
- Rett syndrome was reversed in a mouse model in Feb. 2007
- Without private funding a cure for Rett Syndrome remains decades away, the Science is there, the funding is not
Want to help?
-email me to help with a fundraiser already in the works
- have kids in school? Ask me about dress up to cure!
-do you or someone you know own a business? Ask me for a collection jar for donations.
- do you make or sell a product? Consider giving part of your proceeds to rett syndrome
- have girls in brownies or girl scouts? Ask me how to get the troup involved
- Have your own idea? Lets talk!!
- don't have time but want to help - consider donating in honor of Annie
- don't have the time or the money? How about telling someone about rett syndrome - help spread the word.
With your help Rett Syndrome will be the first curable neurological disorder! You can be part of this miracle!
I know its been a long time since I last updated the blog so I just want to post a few pics of Annie in her new therapy things. This on is her Benik vest - it helps strengthen her core muscles so she is in better alignment when she's up on her feet.These are Annies new hand braces that help keep her thumb in proper alignment away from her fingers so she is better able to use her hands. We think she looks like she's taking wii bowling a bit too seriously!! ;)