Scott and Bridget met in 1993 and were married in 2001. In September of 2003 we welcomed our first miracle, James. 16 months later we brought home our second miracle, Annie. And in October of 2006 our family was complete with miracle #3, Gracie. Rett syndrome entered our lives when Annie was diagnosed on May 19, 2006. This is the life of the MacDonald family as we juggle 3 small children and battle Rett Syndrome until Gods perfect time when we are cured.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Working Hands!

Today after the spa treatment and the workout instead of heading to the cage to do lunges and squats (OK, right now I'm feeling really guilty that my baby is working so hard and I haven't so much as gotten on the treadmill this week!) anyways, instead of the lunges and squats Annie worked on her hands, holding on to a cone and then trying to use a controlled release to drop it into her therapists hands. One of the most debilitating aspects of rett syndrome is the loss of purposeful hand use. Annie's hands actually worked so well when she was diagnosed that we didn't even get a diagnosis of rett syndrome at first. Unfortunatly it eventually slowly slipped away from her and us. Today Annie did so well with holding the cones that I caught a glimpse of what she was once capable of (picking up a toy, feeding herself) and felt so much hope that one day we WILL get it all back! I'm sorry but you will have to turn your head to the side again to see this video, if anyone would like to give me a quick lesson in video editing and uploading I certainly wouldn't be opposed!! ;0)

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I have found that I have to hold my camera sideways (the "normal" want to take a horizontal picture - not up and down in order for them to post right. Maybe that would help?

    As far as Annie - YAY!! I am so proud of you!! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete